In 2017, I started a blog with the mission of helping people ditch their New Year’s resolutions and instead, improve their lives through daily goal setting. This mission came with a huge undertaking: build a website that would be engaging, educational, and inviting while achieving page-one ranking for highly competitive keywords.
In addition to creating dozens of long-form articles, I put a lot of time and effort into a comprehensive SEO strategy. Achieving page-one rankings in the personal development space wouldn’t be easy, so I focused on creating engaging, keyword-focused content and building backlinks.
Key Project Insights
- As of mid-2020, I have written over 50 articles.
- Most articles average 1,500 to 2,000 words.
- In 2018, I added in the Daily New Year’s Podcast.
- As of September 2020, I currently rank on the first page of Google for approximately 50 competitive keywords.
- In the first year, my analytics showed an average of 250 sessions per month. That has been growing exponentially in 2020, hitting 4,324 sessions in August of 2020.
- My free goal setting workbook has been a large contributor of traffic and has helped to grow my email list via the MailChimp integration.
- I have been a guest author on several blogs, including Addicted to Success and Lifehack.